Thursday, November 20, 2008

Unpleasant Gathering

Since last weekend, everyone of us was already on standby as doctor said auntie Grace might not live through this week. Even Kelvin and Belinda has flew back from Hong Kong and Australia to pay her a last visit.

These few nights I have been coming to hospital after work. Mother and my aunties all take turns to stay by her side.

Today is my off day, so after my piano practise in the afternoon. I headed to hospital.

It was around 6.40pm, Auntie Grace started to show sign of uncomfort. We thought that maybe it was time to refill the medication to ease the pain. However, the situation got worse. Her weak restless body started to struggle abit. Then Auntie Kew whispered to Mom, maybe her time is up. We hurriedly recalled back everybody to the hospital.

By 7.30pm, almost everyone was back. It was hard to describe that feeling. We were all surrounding by her bed. Can see that most of us were trying hard to hold back our tears. Holding on to her. Telling her to relax and let go. Don't hold on, let go of all worries... (So drama right?) Even when I thought I would not cry, I could not control my tears too. It's my first time experiencing this situation.

Things got better around 8pm. So mom told me to go for my piano class. I came back to hospital at 10plus to accompany Kelvin as he plans to stay over. However, as we see that she has been resting quite soundly since, so we decided to go home rest by 11.30pm as I still have to work tomorrow.

Before we left, we switched on the air-con and played her favourite Christmas song CD. Hopefully she can rest well.

No comments: