Sunday, November 9, 2008

Off Day 4 - Sunday, a day to remember



This is The Day. A day I would never dream to happen in my life - My first piano showcase. Although it was only a short period of 5 months since I learnt to play piano, I am very lucky to be given this opportunity to be part of this event. I treasure this and I appreciate it. I did not regret for giving up my Bangkok trip for this event.

Tonight, it was fun, it was nervous, it was heart warming. My hands could never stop trembling when I was up on stage, even during the rehearsals. I got to know these cool and nice people from my school whom I have never had a chance to talk to. I see so many family and friends who came to support us. The turned out was much better than what I expect.
Surprisely, I am no. 11 to be on stage. This is one of my favourite numbers since Secondary Two. That was when I got position no. 11 of the whole Sec Two level that year. A year that I worked the hardest during school days.



I did not do perfectly well that night but I am glad it went through smoothly. Same for everyone else that night. To most of us, it was our first showcase so we really couldn't hide our fear and excitement.



Thank you for everyone who gives me your support. I am still receving sms before my turn up stage. Especially Dino, even though you cannot make it to my showcase, but you told me you will be humming the song at home at the same time when I am performing on stage. That is so so nice!




Before I go on, just wanted to thank all these people in my life who have given me your support in one way or another:

Andrew Seow - Thank you for encouraging me to take up piano. You know this is my childhood dream and I always think it is too late to start now. You proved me wrong. Thank you.

My parents - Thank you for sponsoring me a piano. You have given me the opportunity to practise my tune any time I want to.

Victor my instructor - Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be part of this group which changed my life. Telling me about life and reality during lesson to prepare me for my future. Your lesson is always fun and encouraging.

Andrew Teo - Thank you for sponsoring me this White Jacket that makes me look smart tonight.

Thomas Hong - Thank you for always being my fashion consultant. You made me look stylish without fail. My colleague commented that I was the only one who made effort to dress up tonight.

Thank you for turning up on this showcase, even though most of you have to start work early tomorrow but you still came all the way here to give me support - My dearest Sister and Brother-in-law, my colleagues - Huiling, Becky, Sukii, Jas, Hadas, my buddies - Jacky, Thomas, Melvin, Andrew, some of my new friends - Sony, Ryan and Alvin.

Thank you for those who given me your support morally because you cannot make it tonight - my parents, Kelly Mommy, Kin, Tina, Justin, Irvin, Chia Shan, Rain, Leonard, Summi, Senny, Geam, Libbie, May, Christine Lai, Esther, Andy Lee, Andy Hsu etc. Sorry if I have missed out your name here but thank you for whoever that has been in my life. Thank you.
last but not least, a person I should never forget but I have forgotten to mention him earlier. My dearest Brother, Melvin Lay. even though you are far away in New York City, you have always given me support morally. You will always stand by me. Thank you Brother. I look forward to see you back in Singapore to play you all the songs that I have learnt :)

4 comments:

Geamys said...

I'm so touch that my was mentioned here...hehehe...

of course how can a butler forget the chambermaid right?

anyway is good to hear about your performance...

I hope that in one day I can hear you playing. ;-)

Rui Hong -- The Butler said...

Yes the butler will never forget the chambermaid.

Will play for you when there is a chance, is a promise :p

MLKC said...

WHY WAS MY NAME NOT MENTIONED HERE??? WHY? WHY? TELL ME WHY? LOL

Don't worry that you did not do perfectly well as long as you tried your best. I know you must have been working hard toward your goal of becoming a good pianist, if not to become a professional.

Yes, that white suits really made you look stylish. You looked slim.

Congrats on your achievements.

Cheers!

isseyboy said...

good job. By the way where is our pics??